Monday 11 September 2017

Welcome


Welcome to The Shabby Shed



My collection of 3 Vintage Singer Featherweights
all in amazing perfect working condition
with a combined total age of 172 years
The most amazing little machine ever made , I just love the to pieces.





The newest of my machines is a Necchi Pro Quilter (Same machine as the Baby Lock Jazz available in America) It has a big 11" throat ,great for free motion quilting those big quilts ,Yes Quilting is my new hobby ,back to what I love best sewing ,its over 60 years since my Grandma taught me to use a sewing machine ! and yes it was on a Singer Featherweight just like the black one in the photo 

My old faithful Babylock ,I love this machine I got her New so she is about 12 years old , done 1,000 s of miles and is still going strong, worth every penny .

My latest addition . The Accuquilt  this is just the bees knees ,
no way in the world would I attempt to cut all those bits out with a
rotary cutter and a ruller , that would be a nightmare not a pleasure.

My craft side ,not very big as I have decided to let most of my paper craft things go, boy you don't realise how much stuff you have till you decide to list it on eBay, but it has to go to make room for a quilting frame . Under the worktops are  packed with Crafty things and all have to go.



My very first quilt, cut out with the large raggy die on my Accuquilt
and all sewn together on my faithful Featherweight ,all washed and now on one of the granddaughters beds


Last of all my two little helpers ,never very far away from mammy love these babies with all my heart  ,Baby and Rose

Thankyou for stopping by and taking the time to read my blog,
would love you to follow me through my sewing journey
big hugs 
Baby,Rose & Co
the Co being Me
xxxxxxxx



The Shed on a wet  June day

7 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, so pleased to see you in blog land, that's one gorgeous shabby shed you have...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shabby she'd looks beautiful
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so romantic, your shabby shed...Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your craft room is so nice, romantic and full of positive energy.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your beautiful sewing area on Pinterest! Such a lovely room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this feminine beautiful space! You must love spending time here!!


    ReplyDelete